We are an Accredited Older Driver Assessor
Are 85+ years and need a drivers licence?
If you are aged 85 or over, you are required to undertake a practical driving test every 2 years in order to maintain your current RMS NSW Drivers Licence. From the age of 75, you are also required to undergo medical examinations to ensure you are fit to drive.
The RMS allows you to take your older driver practical driving test from home with an Accredited Older Driver Assessor on a ‘fee for service’ basis. The benefit of using an independent driving instructor is that you can get a refresher course immediately before you undergo the assessment, so you feel more relaxed and confident. You are more than welcome to also just book a refresher course with us before you take your assessment at the RMS.
The Hills Driving School is one of very few driving schools in The Hills & Hawkesbury Areas that have undergone the Certificate IV Training and Assessment qualifications to become accredited to perform Older Driver Assessments. We understand the need for you to maintain your independence and an active lifestyle, so keeping your drivers licence is important to ensure this. We are more than happy to help you through the process if you have any questions or concerns.
Older driver lessons and assessments are conducted in the comfort of your own car. You will be required to show that you have full comprehensive insurance on the vehicle and that it is roadworthy.
The Complete Package
- A 1 hour warm up driving lesson before the assessment (refresher); followed by
- A practical driving assessment conducted by us on behalf of the RMS
- We come to you and the lesson/test is completed in the comfort of your own car
Just a Refresher Driving Lesson
- A 1 hour warm up driving lesson before you take the assessment with the RMS.
- Recommended to help calm your nerves and update your driving skills before the test.
- We come to you and the lesson is completed in the comfort of your own car
Just a Practical Driving Assessment
- A practical driving assessment conducted by us on behalf of the RMS.
- Ideal if you are a confident driver and just want to take the assessment without any prior warm up driving lesson.
- We come to you and the test is completed in the comfort of your own car
To book an Older Driver lesson/test, please call Richard on 0402 221 887
Lesson fee is payable at the commencement of your Driving Lesson/Assessment. Prices are subject to change without notice.
For more information on Older Driver Assessments, please click here to be taken to a PDF brochure published by the RMS. This booklet is also a great reading tool for brushing up on the current road rules for your assessment.